We [FINALLY] had our mid-pregnancy ultrasound today and were so excited to find out that we are expecting a baby girl! Truth be told, Ben and I knew this for a couple of weeks since our doctor gave us a sneak-peak during our last visit; however, we didn't share the news until it was confirmed. Originally, both of us thought the baby was a boy but probably about two months ago we started to change our mind. Not sure if something happened or if we just decided that because I wasn't gaining much weight - Ben said "it's either a girl or a small boy!" Of course, we would be pleased either way and if the baby accidentally comes out as a boy it would be a great surprise as well.
Ben is already planning the sports the baby will play. Gone are the thoughts of baseball and football and instead he is considering softball and volleyball for her. Of course, I'm planning the room in my head now and trying to come up with a color scheme. Not to offend you all but my goal is not to have an all pink baby - I have a deep theory about colors that is too deep to get into now...
The technician seemed to think that everything else on the ultrasound looked good. Unfortunately the baby was squirmy and camera shy so we couldn't get a good picture of her face. But we did see all of her fingers and toes and her heart is beating like a champ! The tech believes she is about 13 ounces now or 3/4 of a lb. Crazy to think that she is still that tiny. It's time for her to start growing for sure! Good thing I am stocking up on maternity clothes.
I'm so excited to spend my first Christmas with my new family - Ben, Baby Girl and Jacky. Life is great!
You're so cute, I love being a part of this journey from the sidelines. Per your guidance, I will not buy pink clothes!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you don't want an all pink baby! Sometimes it looks like a bottle of pepto bismol spilled on your baby, and that't just not right!!! Anyway, love you guys and can't wait to see her!
ReplyDeleteSo...Katie, what colors are we thinking?? Wishing you a wonderful Christmas time with your family. hugs, rosie
ReplyDelete