10.02.2009

Telling my boss....

I told my boss this week that I am expecting my first child. I think this was the part of the pregnancy that I was dreading the most. I had planned to tell her closer to my twelve week and frankly, I was hoping for a big donation to come in first to butter her up. Unfortunately, I still don't see a big gift coming in so my colleague encouraged me to go ahead and do it. In a moment of weakness, I gave into my colleague and asked for time on my boss's calendar. It couldn't have been better timing. She was in a great mood and actually wasn't rushed with another meeting right after me. She offered great suggestions to Ben and I as we plan for a wedding (in 54 days, was it Jess? Gasp!). She wants me to wait to tell the rest of our office until we have more details figured out. I agree with this - everyone is going to have so many questions like "How far along are you", "When's the wedding", "Where's the wedding", etc. These questions won't necessarily help with my current stress level!

The questions about the weddings are the questions that are keeping me tossing and turning at night currently. We know "When" - Fri. Nov, 27. "Where" - ugh, the most daunting task trying to figure this out! We had hoped to have answers by the end of this week but no luck so far. How did weddings become so expensive? And are we seriously the only couple that thinks it is outrageous to pay that amount of $$?! However, I keep the faith that the perfect place is going to appear soon... here's to hoping!

1 comment: